Endurance in Suffering: Finding God in Pain" Romans 5:3-4 (NIV) Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope." Romans 5:3-4 is a powerful passage that speaks to finding strength and growth through adversity. Paul encourages believers to find purpose in their suffering. Instead of being defeated by trials, we are called to persevere, knowing that endurance develops character and leads to hope. Reflecting on this passage, finding God in pain can mean recognizing His presence during our trials. Pain is a worldwide experience, something we all face at different points in our lives. In my personal journey as a Christian pain served as a facilitator for growth beyond mere affliction. The loss of a child stands as one of life's most poignant trials for a woman. Enduring several miscarriages, I clung to hope and prayer for a successful pregnancy. Yet, after week...
Popular posts from this blog
Grandma’s Refuge
Grandma’s Refuge Proverbs 14:26 (ESV) In the fear of the Lord, one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge. As a grandmother, I often lie awake at night wondering if there is a truly safe place for my grandchildren in this chaotic, ever-changing world. My heart aches with questions: Will they be, okay? Will they find peace, truth, and safety? Then God gave me Proverbs 14:26: "In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge." This verse settled deep in my soul. It reminded me that when I walk in reverence and trust in God, He becomes their refuge, even when I cannot be there. It gave me confidence, a holy reassurance: God’s got this. He is the unshakable, solid ground beneath their feet. And as I continue to trust Him, I am building a legacy of faith that becomes a shelter for them. The safest place for our grandkids is not found in gated communities or well-padded bank accounts. It is found in ...
Never Alone
Never Alone John 14:15–17 (NLT) If you love me, obey my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. The world cannot receive him, because it isn’t looking for him and doesn’t recognize him. But you know him, because he lives with you now and later will be in you. In this season of my life, there have been moments when loneliness settled deep within me, echoing through the quiet spaces of my heart. I longed for comfort, for someone to talk who would simply listen and understand. Then I am reminded of these tender yet powerful words from Jesus in John 14:15–17, and they met me right where I am. This promise was not just for the disciples, it was for me too. Jesus promised He would send help; The Holy Spirit who would never leave me. I began to sense Him as a quiet presence, a whisper of peace when my world felt loud with worry. When I could n...
Comments
Post a Comment